The People’s Climate March is being organized by an ever-growing coalition that comprises more than 1,000 organizations demanding world leaders take action to combat climate change. Because this is a “movement of movements” moment, the People’s Climate March is being organized in a participatory, open-source model.
The March – 11:30 am, Sunday 21 September
Assembly Location: Central Park West, between 65th and 86th Streets.
- Enter on 65th, 72nd, 77th, 81st, or 86th Street.
- The march will begin at 11:30 am.
- March down Central Park West and go east on 59th Street
- Turn onto 6th Ave. and go south to 42nd Street
- Turn right onto 42nd Street and go west to 11th Ave
- Turn left on 11th Ave. and go south to 34th Street
End Location: 11th Ave. in the streets between 34th Street and 38thStreet
The partners want to make sure the People’s Climate March tells the story of today’s climate movement in all its parts – so is trying something new, and arranging the contingents of the march in a way that helps thread its many messages together.
If YOU’RE simply looking to march through the streets of New York with more people than have ever come together before to demand action on climate change, head to 86th St and Central Park West.