What information do we collect about you?
We collect information when you make a donation or make an application by email or post. This information is provided by you and comprises contact details – name, address, telephone number, email address.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your application or donation – to thank you or acknowledge receipt, request further information if required, and to contact you with the result of your application. If you make a successful application, we will follow up for reporting and monitoring purposes. We will also report to you on our progress if you make a donation. We safely store your data on a secure database and if you have had paper correspondence with us, this data is kept securely filed.
Voice for Nature Foundation will not share your information with third parties. We will only share any information if we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations.
Access to your information
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you. These are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint you can do so by contacting us at the details shown below.
- You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it for. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity.
- You can object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
- If you have given us your consent to use personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
Please note, some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and we may not be able to fulfil every request.
Keeping your information safe
We take looking after your information very seriously. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
However, the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site
The Voice for Nature Foundation has legally to keep any records of donations for seven years, but we
believe it is to our mutual benefit (legitimate interest) to keep a record of our charitable relationship with you for historical and archival purposes. Contact details of unsuccessful applicants are erased as soon as possible after having been considered. After seven years, the personal contact details of successful applicants will be erased but generic organisational contact details will be retained.
For further information on cookies, you could visit: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org